A strong board and a robust bench of volunteers can often mean the difference between a nonprofit organization’s success or failure. This program covers the ins and outs of board development and volunteer management.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the reasons why people volunteer and how nonprofits can make volunteer programs more successful.
- Describe the responsibilities of the nonprofit board.
- Discuss various models nonprofits use to organize their boards.
- Describe the differences between a nonprofit board and a for-profit board.
- Explain different approaches to recruiting and filling a nonprofit board.
- Discuss the pros and cons of large versus small boards.
- Explain board evaluation and its importance.
- Discuss the typical interactions between nonprofit board members and staff.
- Describe how nonprofits can develop and maintain a strong volunteer base.
This is designed for nonprofit leaders who want to learn how to develop their board and staff of volunteers.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$150.00 (US) per seat