Online Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
A strong board and a robust bench of volunteers can often mean the difference between a nonprofit organization’s success or failure. This program covers the ins and outs of board development and volunteer management.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the reasons why people volunteer and how nonprofits can make volunteer programs more successful.
- Describe the responsibilities of the nonprofit board.
- Discuss various models nonprofits use to organize their boards.
- Describe the differences between a nonprofit board and a for-profit board.
- Explain different approaches to recruiting and filling a nonprofit board.
- Discuss the pros and cons of large versus small boards.
- Explain board evaluation and its importance.
- Discuss the typical interactions between nonprofit board members and staff.
- Describe how nonprofits can develop and maintain a strong volunteer base.
This is designed for nonprofit leaders who want to learn how to develop their boards and staffs of volunteers.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development Training
- Where can I learn how to develop my nonprofit board?
- Who offers an online course on volunteer development?
- Where can I learn the fundamental skills I need to develop my nonprofit board and attract volunteers?