Leading Project Teams Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
Few projects of any complexity are free of teams. This course focuses on the skills needed to successfully manage the people involved in moving a project from start to finish. During the program, learners will explore team dynamics, team structures, how the project lifecycle influences teams, listening skills and their value to successful project management, team communication skills, and strategies for solving team conflicts.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Define a team, and identify six common types of teams.
- Explain Bruce Tuckman’s model of group development.
- Describe how the project life cycle is relevant to team issues.
- List the three sources of power for project management team leaders.
- Employ tactics to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Implement different types of team-building activities.
- Demonstrate reflective listening.
- Identify the challenges of virtual teams and how they relate to a project management team leader’s roles.
- Compare and contrast voting and consensus as methods for decision-making.
- Better identify and resolve team problems.
- Explain the characteristics of effective and open team communication.
- Identify the best practices for using email and telephone among team members.
- Recognize common team problems and apply methods for resolving these issues.
This course is suited for people who wish to improve their ability to successfully lead a project.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Project Leadership Training
- I need to learn how to lead a project team. Who offers an online course on this topic?
- Where can I find a course focused on the soft-skills needed to successfully lead a project?
- Who offers project leadership training?