Online Leadership Training Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
This course examines how to be a successful (that is, effective) leader. Based on D. Quinn Mills’ book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course asks the crucial questions about leadership in today’s organizations: What is leadership and why is it important? What does effective leadership require? What is visionary leadership? What is the role of charisma? What is the difference between managing, administering, and leading?
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Define leadership and explain its importance.
- Discuss some of the better-known leadership theories (Fiedler’s contingency theory; Path-goal theory; Vroom-Yetton-Jago theory).
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration.
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership.
- Discuss the positives and negatives surrounding charismatic leadership.
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership.
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership.
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership.
- Discuss the nine key qualities of leadership.
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership and explain ways to strengthen or develop those skills in a leader.
This course is targeted to those people wishing to improve their understanding of leadership.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Leadership Training
- Where can I find a self-paced online leadership course?
- Who offers leadership training online?
- I need an online leadership program. Who has this?