Online Nonprofit Leadership Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
An organization’s success or failure usually starts at the top. This course addresses a range of topics nonprofit leaders must understand and behaviors they should practice if they wish to drive their organizations forward. The program examines several leadership theories, explores the difference between leadership and management, discusses ethics and their role in leading nonprofits, and offers solutions for developing leaders at all levels of an organization.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Define leadership and explain its importance in achieving an organization’s objectives.
- Explain several better-known leadership theories (Fieldler’s contingency theory, Path-goal theory, Vroom-Yetton-Jago theory).
- Articulate the difference between leadership and management.
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership.
- Describe charismatic leadership.
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership development.
- Describe the leadership shortage in the nonprofit sector and discuss possible solutions to the problem.
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership success.
- Discuss nine leadership qualities.
This program targets people who want to learn more about leading nonprofits.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Leadership Training for Nonprofits
- Where can I find a nonprofit leadership course?
- Who offers a leadership course for people in nonprofits?
- I need to improve my leadership skills. Who offers a program online that could help me?