Online Grant Writing Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
Grants are often a key component in a nonprofit organization’s funding plan. This fundamental course introduces the basics of grant writing. The program explores the relationship between grant writing and fundraising strategy, the six stages of grant writing, and best practices for writing grants. Throughout the course, learners will evaluate case studies as they consider each stage of the process.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of grant writing.
- Describe how they can integrate capital grants and endowment grants into their fundraising efforts.
- Explain how grant writing and fundraising work together to improve a nonprofit’s financial stability.
- Outline the six stages of the grant-writing process.
- Identify and establish a need for funding.
- Research grantmakers and available grants.
- Explain how to establish relationships with potential funders.
- Discuss the importance of alignment between a nonprofit and a funder’s mission.
- Explain tools and techniques employed in writing the grant proposal.
- Follow up after winning or losing a grant award.
- Adhere to best practices for grant writing.
This is designed for anyone wishing to learn more about grants and grant writing.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Grant-Writing Training
- Where can I learn about grant writing?
- I need to understand how grants work. Where can I find an online class?
- Who teaches basic grant writing?