Online Coaching Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
Managers who lead and manage through coaching—providing encouragement, feedback, and support—are more successful in “working through others.”
This course focuses on the skills and techniques of positive coaching in an organizational setting including listening actively, providing constructive feedback based on observation, reinforcing positive employee performance through recognition and praise, and teaching new skills.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization.
- Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching, and personal coaching.
- Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability.
- Describe the five-step coaching process.
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Explain the use of the USED and GROW models in coaching.
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process.
- Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching.
This course is targeted to those who wish to improve their coaching skills.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Coaching Skills Training
- Where can I find a self-paced management course focused on coaching skills?
- Who offers coaching skills training online?
- I need an online management course that focuses specifically on coaching skills. Who has this?