Managers who lead and manage through coaching—providing encouragement, feedback, and support—are more successful in “working through others.”
This course focuses on the skills and techniques of positive coaching in an organizational setting including listening actively, providing constructive feedback based on observation, reinforcing positive employee performance through recognition and praise, and teaching new skills.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization.
- Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching, and personal coaching.
- Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability.
- Describe the five-step coaching process.
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Explain the use of the USED and GROW models in coaching.
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process.
- Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching.
This course targets those who wish to improve their coaching skills.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$79.00 (US) per seat