If you don’t know how to budget, you can quickly find yourself and your organization in financial trouble. This course covers the ins and outs of budgeting in a nonprofit environment. The course explores the function of a budget, different types of budgets, how operating and capital budgets are used and created, the importance of cash-flow management, and budgeting strategies for handling operational challenges.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the uses and functions of nonprofit budgeting.
- Describe different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization.
- Explain how an operating budget is created.
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis.
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created.
- Explain the importance of cash-flow management and a cash-flow budget.
- Manage various budgets.
This program targets professionals working in nonprofit environments and those who wish to improve their understanding of budgets and budgeting.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$79.00 (US) per seat