Online Budgeting for Nonprofits Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
If you don’t know how to budget, you can quickly find yourself and your organization in financial trouble. This course covers the ins and outs of budgeting in a nonprofit environment. The course explores the function of a budget, different types of budgets, how operating and capital budgets are used and created, the importance of cash-flow management, and budgeting strategies for handling operational challenges.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the uses and functions of nonprofit budgeting.
- Describe different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization.
- Explain how an operating budget is created.
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis.
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created.
- Explain the importance of cash-flow management and a cash-flow budget.
- Manage various budgets.
This program targets professionals working in nonprofit environments and those who wish to improve their understanding of budgets and budgeting.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Budgeting for Nonprofits Training
- Where can I learn budgeting skills to better manage my nonprofit?
- Who offers a program in nonprofit budgets and budgeting?
- I don’t understand finance and need a crash course in budgeting. Who can help?