Online Administrative Assistant Course
- Business Training Works Short Course
Immediately improve your administrative assistant skills with the online version of our instructor-led administrative assistant training program: The Polished Administrative Assistant. This executive assistant training course consists of six comprehensive, easy-to-navigate modules.
- Administrative Assistant Basics
- Communication Skills
- The Phone and Email
- Different Kinds of Bosses
- Time Management
Each unit includes lectures and quizzes to explore various aspects of being a good executive assistant or administrative assistant. The program covers soft skills such as managing up and effectively working with different kinds of bosses. It does not address technical aspects of office work such as computer programs, typing, or minute taking. On average, the course takes between one-and-a-half to two hours to complete.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe appropriate office dress.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professionally answering the phone, transferring a call, placing a caller on hold, and leaving voice messages.
- List steps for dealing with difficult people.
- Describe the communication process.
- Explain barriers to listening and how to overcome them.
- Demonstrate the use of open-ended and closed questions.
- Rephrase blunt messages for better communication.
- Apply techniques for dealing with angry or upset people.
- Describe basic time-management skills.
- Develop an action plan to improve communication skills.
This course is designed for administrative assistants interested in improving their communication and productivity.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
You may watch the free preview of this online administrative assistant training course here, or sign up for the full training program by visiting our online learning site. This course is self-paced and online. After purchase, you will have access to this course for 30 days.
Courses Access: 30 Days
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Administrative Assistant Training
- Where can I find an online course to improve my professional administrative skills?
- Who offers a short course for administrative assistants?