Immediately improve your administrative assistant skills with the online version of our instructor-led administrative assistant training program: The Polished Administrative Assistant. This executive assistant training course consists of six comprehensive, easy-to-navigate modules.
- Administrative Assistant Basics
- Communication Skills
- The Phone and Email
- Different Kinds of Bosses
- Time Management
Each unit includes lectures and quizzes to explore various aspects of being a good executive assistant or administrative assistant. The program covers soft skills such as managing up and effectively working with different kinds of bosses. It does not address technical aspects of office work such as computer programs, typing, or minute taking. On average, the course takes between one-and-a-half to two hours to complete.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe appropriate office dress.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professionally answering the phone, transferring a call, placing a caller on hold, and leaving voice messages.
- List steps for dealing with difficult people.
- Describe the communication process.
- Explain barriers to listening and how to overcome them.
- Demonstrate the use of open-ended and closed questions.
- Rephrase blunt messages for better communication.
- Apply techniques for dealing with angry or upset people.
- Describe basic time-management skills.
- Develop an action plan to improve communication skills.
This course is designed for administrative assistants interested in improving their communication and productivity.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
You may watch the free preview of this online administrative assistant training course here, or sign up for the full training program by visiting our online learning site. This course is self-paced and online. After purchase, you will have access to this course for 30 days.
Courses Access: 30 Days