Online Interviewing Skills Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
In this online program, learners will explore the process of selecting the best candidate from a large and diverse pool of high-quality applicants. Based on D. Quinn Mills’ book, Principles of Human Resource Management, the course discusses how to conduct an effective job interview, asking questions that elicit relevant information and avoiding questions that might be seen as discriminatory. You will also consider how to discover more about a candidate through the use of reference checks, background checks, and testing.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Conduct an effective job interview.
- Analyze a candidate pool and identify the most qualified candidate given a job description and requirements.
- Decide what additional tests – if any – should be administered to candidates for a specific job.
- Deal productively and sensitively with internal candidates for a job opening.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in improving their ability to select and interview candidates for a job.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.