Online Team Innovation Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
This program looks at innovation in corporations and the public sector. It reviews the latest academic thinking on innovation, including Clay Christensen’s seminal thinking on disruptive technology and the proper response.
Further, it explores some of the internal responses to the need for creativity, including idea champions, idea incubators, new venture teams and skunk works, and the process of moving from innovation to commercialization.
Finally, the course focuses on some of the more successful corporate innovators as a way of illustrating the principles of effective innovation in large organizations. It also explores the role of innovation in the public sector.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Outline the key factors for an innovative organization.
- Discuss the barriers to innovation.
- Explain the differences between incremental, semi-radical, and radical innovation.
- Describe internal innovation tools such as idea champions, idea incubators, new venture teams and skunk works.
- Explain the process of moving from idea to commercialization.
- Discuss the issues surrounding innovation in the public sector.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in innovation tools that can help them balance value creation and creativity.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Innovation Training
- I need to take an online innovation course for credit. Who offers this?
- Where can I find an online innovation course focused on teams and organization?
- Who offers innovation training in a self-paced online format?