Online Human Resources Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
Even if the words human resources are not in a formal job title, many employees find themselves responsible for various human resources functions. Anyone involved in recruiting, screening, interviewing, training, appraising, disciplining, rewarding, and developing employees should have a basic understanding of the laws surrounding the process. This course offers an overview of fundamental skills.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognize and identify the key roles and responsibilities of the human resource management function.
- Differentiate between the day-to-day functions of a human resources department and the broader concepts of human resource management.
- Explain the partnership that should exist between a human resources department and an organization’s managers.
- Differentiate between the structure and reporting relationships of a centralized versus a decentralized human resources function.
- Identify five fundamental areas of human resources planning.
- List the three roles that a human resources department should fulfill to maintain the ethical standards of an organization.
- Identify global issues and business practices that impact human resources management.
This course is targeted to human resources professionals new to the profession and managers who perform such functions as interviewing, training, appraising, disciplining, rewarding, and developing employees.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.