Even if the words human resources are not in a formal job title, many employees find themselves responsible for various human resources functions. Anyone involved in recruiting, screening, interviewing, training, appraising, disciplining, rewarding, and developing employees should have a basic understanding of the laws surrounding the process. This course offers an overview of fundamental skills.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognize and identify the key roles and responsibilities of the human resource management function.
- Differentiate between the day-to-day functions of a human resources department and the broader concepts of human resource management.
- Explain the partnership that should exist between a human resources department and an organization’s managers.
- Differentiate between the structure and reporting relationships of a centralized versus a decentralized human resources function.
- Identify five fundamental areas of human resources planning.
- List the three roles that a human resources department should fulfill to maintain the ethical standards of an organization.
- Identify global issues and business practices that impact human resource management.
This course is designed for people new to the human resources profession and managers who perform such functions as interviewing, training, appraising, disciplining, rewarding, and developing employees.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$79.00 (US) per seat