Online Talent Management Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
This online course addresses the challenges organizations face when developing and retaining employees. The program addresses the five traditional stages of a career, the value of a career development program, the importance of communicating that value, tools for developing employees (formal career planning, mentoring, training, job rotation, and networking), and issues HR departments typically confront with career management.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain why career management has become important to employers and employees.
- Describe the five stages in the career lifecycle (beginning, developing, mid-career, mastery and maintenance, retirement), and the needs an employee has at each stage of the cycle.
- Articulate the value of a career development program.
- Outline the tools for career development (training, education, job rotation, transfers, overseas assignments, mentoring, networking, volunteer work, formal career planning).
- Understand the issues human resources departments face with career management.
This course is targeted to human resources professionals and others interested in learning more about career development programs and their importance in retaining employees.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.