Online Business Writing Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
This course addresses the basics of good business writing. The ideas, techniques, and checklists in this program apply to all forms of written workplace communication: emails, memos, reports, brochures, proposals, presentations, catalogs, and websites.
Topics include formal and informal outlining techniques, methods for isolating the main message in a text, editing tactics for improving clarity and reducing unnecessary words and jargon.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognize the difference between ineffective and effective writing.
- List and define four major factors of effective writing (clarity, tone, organization, and delivery).
- Recognize the role of the audience in effective communication and the importance of understanding an audience’s needs.
- Employ formal and informal outlining techniques.
- Use techniques for overcoming writer’s block.
- Recognize the importance and dangers of writing quickly.
- Revise to eliminate wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy, and jargon.
- Write more effective emails and recognize the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting.
- Employ checklists for organizing, writing, and revising.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in improving their written communication skills.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Business Writing Training
- Where can I find an online business writing course?
- Who offers business writing training online?
- What is typically included in an online business writing program?