Online Business Ethics Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
Sometimes called morals, principles, or standards of conduct, ethics matter. This course addresses business ethics and questions of right and wrong in the workplace. The program explores ethical frameworks, codes of behavior, monitoring ethical performance, legislation surrounding ethical conduct, issues surrounding whistleblowing, and the role leaders play in establishing an ethical culture.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics.
- Explain the three components of the Ethical Triangle: individual ethics, leadership ethics, and governance and control.
- Discuss ethical challenges in the workplace.
- Describe the use of organizational ethics codes.
- Outline the ethical issues involved in the employer-employee relationship including employment at will, due process, and fairness.
- Explain how organizations can monitor ethical performance.
- Describe the relationship between corporate social responsibility and ethics.
- Outline ethics issues involving corporate governance.
- Explain how sustainability is an ethical concern.
- Discuss ethics and the regulatory environment (Sarbanes-Oxley Act; U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act).
- Explain the issues around whistleblowing.
- Describe the role of leadership in establishing an ethical culture.
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their understanding of ethics in business.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Business Ethics Training
- Where can I find an online business ethics course?
- Who offers ethics training online?