Best Foot Forward: Protocol and Social Etiquette for Organizational Representation
This professionalism and protocol and course will:
- Outline the behaviors participants should exhibit to enforce the organization’s desired image and brand.
- Highlight attitudes and actions detrimental to the organization.
- Prepare participants to mingle and network effectively online and in traditional venues.
- Explain the basics of interacting with the media.
- Help participants learn to position information, both positive and negative, in a strategic and planned way.
- Half-Day Course
- One-Day Course
Protocol Course Overview
Celebrities and organizations spend thousands-even millions-of dollars each year building their personal brands. And in our age of, social media, podcasting, digital cameras, and cell phones, there is little personal privacy for anyone, especially those in the public eye. This business protocol training program is designed for organizations wishing to establish guidelines for those who publicly represent them.
At this program's conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of brand and behavior alignment.
- Articulate behaviors that enhance and detract from an organization's reputation.
- Effectively introduce themselves and others.
- Explain proper dining etiquette.
- Demonstrate how to give a professional interview.
The following outline highlights some of the course's key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
At the protocol training program's conclusion, participants will have a solid understanding of organizational representation and be ready to meet and greet the public, the media, and others who will associate them with their organization's brand.
Questions This Page Answers About Professionalism and Protocol Training
- Where can I find a course to help my executives effectively interact with clients and the media?
- Who offers protocol training that can be tailored to my organization’s needs?
- Where can I find a course to improve the poise and polish of my sales staff?