Healthcare Customer Service Training
- Half Day
- One Day
- Two Days
- Three Days
Healthcare Customer Service Course Overview
Customer service in a medical setting has a unique set of challenges specific to providing first-rate healthcare and patient satisfaction. Among these challenges are such issues as patient privacy, high volume, and management of people in crisis.
Unlike customer-service interactions conducted in non-medical settings, those involving patients and their families are additionally stressful because of their reasons for needing medical attention.
This customer service training program introduces participants to both the basics of customer service and the specifics of providing it in a healthcare setting. Training topics include calming upset patients and families, rephrasing messages such as “I don’t know” and “I’m not sure how much longer this will take,” and handling difficult situations with confidence and competence.
At this program's conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Differentiate healthcare customer service from other types of service interactions.
- Explain the importance of a positive attitude in delivering good customer service.
- List the benefits of providing good customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Identify barriers to providing high-quality customer service.
- Apply techniques for dealing with angry or upset customers by successfully answering case studies.
- Demonstrate how to successfully request personal information.
- Rephrase blunt communication for better results.
- Effectively manage job stress.
- Develop an action plan to improve their customer service skills.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
At this healthcare customer service training program's conclusion, participants will have an understanding of what makes for a good customer-service experience, how to deliver excellent customer service in person and over the telephone, how to deal with difficult patients and family members, and how to take care of themselves while caring for others.
Questions This Page Answers About Training in Customer Service in Hospitals and Other Healthcare Facilities
- What training is available to improve patient satisfaction?
- Where can I find training for my nursing home staff?
- Where can I find a customer service course for hospitals?
- Where can I find a course to improve service in my medical office?
- What training is available to improve resident care in nursing homes and long-term care facilities?
- Who offers customer service training for healthcare?
- Where can I find a healthcare customer service course?