Workplace Etiquette Training
Cubicle Conundrums: Understanding Basic Business Etiquette
This workplace etiquette course will:
- Explain how expectations of workplace behavior and social behavior can differ.
- Review to dos and taboos of interacting with coworkers and customers.
- Define appropriate workplace attire and the benefits of looking professional on the job.
- Describe how organizational skills and effective time management can make or break a professional reputation.
- Conference Breakout
- Half-Day Course
This program is designed for people newly joining or recently returning to the workforce. It covers workplace expectations and acceptable behaviors: appropriate business dress and grooming, verbal communication, telephone skills, time management, and general professional deportment. This course can easily be adjusted to incorporate your organization's specific challenges and policies. It is also well suited for organizations that have promoted from within and are challenged by inappropriate employee behavior.
At this program's conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Define appropriate and inappropriate office behavior.
- Describe appropriate office dress.
- Demonstrate professional use of the telephone in a business environment whether they are answering the phone, transferring a call, placing a caller on hold, or leaving a voicemail message.
- List steps for dealing with difficult people.
- Identify and rephrase blunt wording for more professional communication.
- Understand and demonstrate the use of to-do lists and the ABC prioritization technique.
- Explain methods for handling typical office interruptions: visitors, phone calls, requests from the boss or subordinates.
- Outline tactics for overcoming procrastination.
- Develop an action plan to improve professionalism in work areas.
The following outline highlights some of the course's key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Upon completion of the training, participants will have an understanding of acceptable workplace dress, communication etiquette, basic time-management skills, and behaviors that are better left to social relationships.