Administrative Assistant Training
The Polished Administrative Assistant: Keeping Those Around You Organized, On Time, and On Track
This course for administrative and executive assistants will:
- Provide participants with a thorough understanding of the skills exceptional administrative assistants consistently demonstrate.
- Outline steps for building credibility.
- Give suggestions for supporting different kinds of bosses.
- Recommend strategies for managing time.
- Half-Day Course
- One-Day Course
Administrative Assistant Course Overview
Keeping the boss organized, on time, and on track is often a challenge, especially when you are not in charge. During this training program, participants will learn how to run a stellar office and stay in control, no matter how hectic the day gets. Additionally, they will discover how to build personal credibility, say "no" without closing doors, use techniques for better listening, deal with difficult people, handle negative situations, and more. Skills practice exercises are interactive and allow participants to practice what they have learned in a fun, high-energy environment. The Polished Administrative Assistant is the ideal administrative assistant training program for those needing to improve their administrative-assistant skills or those looking for the extra business edge.
This administrative assistant training course is also available online: Online Administrative Assistant Training.
At this program's conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Describe appropriate office dress.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professionally answering the phone, transferring a call, placing a caller on hold, and leaving voice messages.
- List steps for dealing with difficult people.
- Describe the communication process.
- Explain barriers to listening and how to overcome them.
- Demonstrate the use of open-ended and closed questions.
- Rephrase blunt messages for better communication.
- Apply techniques for dealing with angry or upset people.
- Describe basic time-management skills.
- Develop an action plan to improve communication skills.
The following outline highlights some of the course's key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
By the end of this program, participants will understand what it takes beyond technical skills to be a first-rate administrative assistant to all kinds of bosses.
Questions This Page Answers About Executive Assistant Training
- Where can I find a training course administrative assistant day?
- Who offers a communication skills workshop for administrative assistants?
- Where can I find a training course for our support staff?